Click to printThese gorgeous and yummy waffles are a hit regardless of the season. In the summer I will add fresh strawberries to a mountain of fresh, whipped cream as a topping. Winter brings out the chocolate with a few chocolate jimmies rolling down the pile of whipped cream. Coconut, my favorite and a favorite of my family - there's just something about it that makes any dish feel absolutely special!
* 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 3 eggs
* 1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
* 6 tablespoons butter, melted
* 3/4 cup coconut
* 1/2 cup chocolate-flavored ice cream topping
* 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
* sweetened whipped cream, powdered sugar, chocolate jimmies, additional toasted coconut (optional)
1. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and a dash of salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside. In another medium bowl lightly beat eggs; stir in coconut milk and melted butter. Stir in coconut. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy).
2. Pour 1/2 cup batter onto grids of a preheated, lightly greased waffle baker. Close lid quickly; do not open until done. Bake according to manufacturer's directions (about 3 minutes or until golden brown). When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Repeat with remaining batter. Drizzle baked waffles with topping, sprinkle with almonds, and top with whipped cream or dust with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
Print this post