Click on photo to print
These sinfully decadent peanut butter and chocolate dessert bars are out of this world. A treat anytime of the year they are very comforting on a cold winter's evening sitting sharing with friends and family. Yes, loaded with calories but just tell your guests, "The devil made me do it."
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar
5 Tbsp cocoa
1 egg, beaten
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 cup smooth, natural peanut butter (no salt added)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
5 ounces choclate chips
1 tablespoon butter
1. In double boiler (or a bowl resting over a pot of lightly simmering water), melt the butter, sugar and cocoa.
2. While still over water, add egg and beat to combine (will thicken quite a bit here). Remove from heat and add graham cracker crumbs and nuts.
3. Press into an 8 x 8 cake pan. Set aside.
4. Add peanut butter and butter together in small bowl.
5. Mix in sugar, salt and vanilla to form a thick paste.
6. Dump onto base layer and smooth over, patting down to make a flat, even layer.
7. In double boiler (or microwave), melt butter and chocolate chips together. Stir until completely dissolved and smooth.
8. Pour over peanut butter layer and spread out evenly.
9. Cool in fridge until completely set.