If you are anything like the rest of America you have vowed to finally lose those last ten pounds. Today I am sharing what is the best blend of low calorie, nutrient rich salmon and a little hint of sweet pleasure. Indulge yourself with this dish - it's allowed☺
* 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (1 inch thick)
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* Cooking spray
* 2 tablespoons minced shallots
* 1/4 cup dry white wine
* 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
* 3/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 oranges)
* 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Sprinkle fillets evenly with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fillets; cook 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan.
2. Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in wine and rosemary; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates. Add juice and syrup; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute. Return fillets to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until thoroughly heated.
Seasoned haricots verts: Cook 1 pound haricots verts in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse with cold water. Pat dry. Combine with 1/3 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper and 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts. Combine 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard. Toss with bean mixture.