Several years ago my favorite spot for lunch, Cafe' du Voyageur, featured this soup. I thought - naw, it doesn't sound all that great. My friend, Sherry, ordered it and just raved about the flavor so I ordered a small cup. After that, I was hooked. Make this soup and I guarantee you that it will become a family favorite! Served with warm crusty bread, your tummy will l♥ve you!
- 2 cups water
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen green beans
- 1/4 small cauliflower, separated into florets
- 2 ounces fresh spinach, cut up (2 cups)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped dill weed
- Heat water, carrots, potato, peas, beans and cauliflower to boiling in 3-quart saucepan; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until vegetables are almost tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook uncovered about 1 minute. Mix 1/4 cup of the milk and the flour; stir gradually into vegetable mixture. Simmer and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining milk, the whipping cream, salt and pepper. Heat just until hot. Garnish each serving with dill weed.