Wednesday, September 16, 2009

♥Cook up some KING TUT YUMMY MUMMY MEATLOAF♥

Click on photo to print
Making this is SO much fun! Generally I will lay the little guy on a "bed" of mashed potatoes and drizzle some ketchup  around the eyes and mouth. Fun, delicious and such a great way to get the kids to eat good things! Of course, use your own meatloaf recipe, if you wish. I've included the one I use for my family - a hand-me-down from my mom.

Ingredients
1.5 lbs. lean ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
3/4 c. crushed saltines or bread crumbs
1/3 cup milk (this breaks down the meat and makes it supremely tender and NOT like hamburg in a ball)
1/4 c. ketchup
2 tablespoons mustard
2 eggs
1 cup finely shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped fresh or canned mushrooms
one small onion finely chopped
garlic salt, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste

Garnish
6-8 lasagna noodles, cooked
ketchup (optional), makes great blood
2 slices cheese, any kind
2 green or black olives

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Mix all meatloaf ingredients well in a large bowl. Press into a glass bowl (make sure it's ok for the oven) and bake for 90 minutes or until center is done.

When completely cooked, Drain any fat off the meatloaf and turn onto a serving pan. Spread with a thin layer of ketchup, if desired. Cut cheese slices into circles and place on meatloaf as the "eyes".

Cut the cooked lasagna noodles in half then trim the edges so the "scallops" are cut off. Place them randomly across the meatloaf, cutting of extra and using it to fill in spaces. This is a great job for the kids, you want the bandages to look "messy"!

Add two olives for eyes and serve!
Print this post

3 comments:

Kim said...

I saw this in a Halloween cookbook I have. So very cute! I'm glad you posted it : D

Maria Berg said...

Thank you for that, now I know what to do next time I do a meat leaf and I think I can get the kids to eat it, Maria Berg

Heather S-G said...

I just found you through Kim at Stirring the Pot and I must say you have a delicious blog!!! I love this recipe and will definitely be making it with the kiddos next month :D