Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fresh Blueberry Breakfast Muffins with Coconut Topping

Over time you'll probably see quite a few recipes with a little coconut here and a little coconut there. Why? Because I just love the taste, crunch and look of that little addition to my creations when I bake. It makes me think of feathers or ruffles or curly ribbons and those things make me happy and, whatever else, we all need a little happiness in our lives when we least expect it☺ Generally, I will double this recipe because these keep or freeze very well so you can grab one, sit down with a cup of tea and pamper yourself with a little mid-day treat.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
  • 2 large eggs
  • 5 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
  • 1/2 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter and flour 7 (1/2-cup) muffin cups (just butter if nonstick).

Beat together butter, sugar, and zest until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in cream, then flour and salt, on low speed until just combined. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut and gently stir in blueberries.

Spoon batter into cups, filling the cups, and smooth tops. Sprinkle tops with remaining 3 tablespoons of coconut.

Bake in middle of oven until a tester comes out clean and edges are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Place onto a rack and cool.

We've got an easy, quick and delicious recipe for Faux Chinese Chicken Soup over at Our family attic...

Print this post

3 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Id love some of these mufins with my coffee right now. The coconut topping looks delicious!!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Hi Mimi! Good gravy, I know that my daughter will be by for this recipe!
It looks delish, and the coconut topping on blueberries?????who knew that combo would be such a winner?

Shelley said...

I love coconut so I love the twist on this recipe! Thank you for sharing!