Little, chocolate mice
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (Oreos work great)
What you will need to bring the little guys to life
- 1/3 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (to roll your mice in for their fur)
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar (for white mice)
- 24 silver dragees decorating candy (for the little eyes)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (for the ears)
- 12 (2 inch) pieces long red vine licorice (for their tails)
- cinnamon candies for their noses. I like to save some from Valentine's Day to make tiny, heart noses
- Melt the chocolate, and combine with vanilla yogurt. Stir in 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate until firm. I like to keep most of the dough in the fridge and just a little on my work surface as I make these guys. Once the dough gets too warm it's a bit messy.
- Roll by level tablespoonfuls into balls. Mold to a slight point at one end (the nose).
- Roll dough in confectioners sugar (for white mice), and in chocolate cookie crumbs (for dark mice). On each mouse, place dragees in appropriate spot for eyes, almond slices for ears, and a licorice string for the tail.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, until firm.
For presentation, you can line a shoe box with foil for a little house. I've placed my mice in toasted coconut (shown). You can also sprinkle chocolate jimmies here and there to make it look like they've been in their box for a while.