Dip, dunk, drizzle and sprinkle as you please. Fantastically easy and fun to make, these delicious sweetly salty snacks will have your family comin' back for more. Great to make any day of the year. Easy-peasy for the grandkids. A great, little goodie to make with little hands to take home to mommy and daddy.
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Milk Chocolate or Premier White Morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 16 pretzel rods
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels and/or sprinkles, (optional)
- Additional NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels for drizzling, (optional)
LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels and vegetable shortening in small, dry, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
DIP pretzel rods about 3 inches into melted morsels, tilting bowl to easily dip. Use side of bowl to remove excess. Sprinkle with morsels or sprinkles. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Best when eaten within a few days.
FOR A FANCY DRIZZLE:
MICROWAVE 2 tablespoons of each desired morsel flavor in small, heavy-duty plastic bags on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from each bag; squeeze to drizzle over already dipped pretzels on baking sheet. Refrigerate and store as directed above.
• Above recipe can easily be doubled, but it's not good to be microwaving more than 2 cups (12 ounces) of chips at one time.