Over at Our Family Attic I have a Chocolate Pie in a Jar recipe that is absolutely scrumptious! I must be in a chocolate mood today because I couldn't resist offering this gem on my foodie blog. Or, could it be that I spent the morning looking at rich, brown dirt while I was weeding my garden? I don't know the answer for sure but I do know that if you love chocolate, both of my offerings today are fabulous!
This one is rich, so a cup of coffee, tea or milk is in order when you sit down to gobble this up after dinner or as a little treat for yourself in the evening.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Serve with ice cream (optional)
- * If using frozen pie shell, use deep dish style and thaw completely. Bake on baking sheet and increase baking time slightly.
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy.
- Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter.
- Stir in morsels and nuts and spoon into pie shell.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.