Tuesday, January 5, 2010

♥Butter and nutty rich Brownie Bites♥


OK, so we all want to lose weight this year. I get it. BUT, that doesn't mean you can't pop a little treat into your mouth with a cuppa' every now and then. If you don't you may binge and that is not a good thing! So, make up a batch of these easy-to-do goodies. I promise, you'll be happy that you did

Ingredients

* 1/3 cup applesauce
* 2 eggs
* 1 tablespoon water
* 1 (16.7-ounce) package double fudge brownie mix (such as Duncan Hines)
* cooking spray (I ♥ Baker's Edge)
* 3 tablespoons melted butter
* 1/3 cup finely chopped walnut pieces, toasted

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine first 4 ingredients (including fudge packet from mix), stirring well. Spread into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near edge of pan comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.

Crumble brownies; place in a food processor. Add butter; process until mixture forms a ball (about 30 seconds).

Shape brownie mixture into 24 balls, about 1 1/2 tablespoons each. Place nuts in a shallow bowl. Roll balls in nuts, pressing gently to coat.

Note: Store balls in an airtight container at room temperature.

Print this post

4 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

I've been wondering about you! I haven't been getting your updated posts on my dashboard for some reason. This has happened to several of my favorites. Dadburn ol' Blogger is SO contrary! I re-followed, so am hoping that will do it, but if not, I'll just keep checking back.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I stopped by to say hello and ended up staying for a while. I love your blog and will be back often. I'm your latest follower.

Martha's Favorites said...

Ok, you finally did it! After reading your blog for a while now, I have made the decision to learn to cook. It is all your fault. I can't stand seeing all that good stuff and not enjoying it. Wish me luck! Martha

Eileen said...

Hi Mimi,
These sound delightful. I LOOOOVE chocolate and can't wait to try these. I have really enjoyed looking around your blog - so much so I am now a follower. :) You have so many delicious recipes. Thanks for sharing!
~Bella