- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- cooking spray
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice, reserved from canned pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
Preheat oven to 350°.
To prepare crust, combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Add butter, oil, and 1 tablespoon water; toss well. Press mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
To prepare filling, combine cottage cheese and the next 7 ingredients (through salt) in a food processor, and process until smooth. Add eggs, and process until blended. Spread cheese mixture over cooled crust. Bake at 350° for 33 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled. Top with pineapple and coconut. Cut into 16 bars.