- 1 (15 ounce) can apricot halves, drained and chopped, juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into strips
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 green onion, sliced
- Stir together apricot juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl until the cornstarch has dissolved; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Stir in ginger, and cook until it begins turns golden brown, about 10 seconds. Add the chicken; cook and stir until the chicken turns white and begins to firm. Stir in the stir-fry vegetables, and continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the vegetables are hot.
- Stir in the apricots, pineapple chunks, and apricot juice mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook until the sauce thickens and clears, about 1 minute. Stir in green onion before serving.