Top with chocolate sauce...or, I've been known to add fresh fruit either on the side of gently folded into the filling...YUM! Imagine a drizzle of strawberry syrup with fresh berries gently folded in the cream.
Scientists tell us that stretching ourselves beyond the familiar is what keeps our brains supple. How about making a cream puff? Good for your brain...good for your tummy!☺
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Mix together vanilla instant pudding mix, cream and milk. Cover and refrigerate to set.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large pot, bring water and butter to a rolling boil. Stir in flour and salt until the mixture forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Centers should be dry.
- When the shells are cool, either split and fill them with the pudding mixture, or use a pastry bag to pipe the pudding into the shells.