Click on photo to print recipeThe holiday season is just around the corner so it's not too early to be thinking about what special goodies you'll be making to tuck into pretty boxes for friends and neighbors. These look difficult to make but, honest, they really aren't and once you get the hang of it - they are a lot of fun! So be creative and have a good time☺
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
12 (2 ounce) chocolate candy coating squares
2 (2 ounce) white chocolate squares
- Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; cover. Freeze 2 hours.
- Shape cream cheese mixture into 1-inch balls, and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet; cover and freeze 1 hour. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. A melon baller really works nice for consistently sized candies.
- Microwave chocolate candy coating in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice.
- Dip balls into coating; place on wax paper. Let stand until firm.
- Place white chocolate in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and submerge coating in warm water until melted. Snip a hole in 1 corner of bag, and drizzle coating over chocolates.